Insider Secrets to Designing Phenomenal Logos
Tips You Just Can’t Ignore
Logo design is the term synonymous to brand recognition. It is the core element that confers an identity to your brand and exposes it among the target-audience. The more exposure your logo gets, the more recognition your brand receives.
Since it is natural for us to not rely on someone whose identity isn’t known or shady, there is no way a target-audience would count on a brand that doesn’t have any identity – recognition – to begin with. This is the reason you’ll find
professionals educating us at times that a logo never sells a brand but recognizes it.
Even with so much technological advancements available to us in the current era, the need of having a logo design hasn’t declined even a single bit. Instead, logos have become more significant than ever. The credit of its important mainly goes to the popularity of online portals (websites) and digital marketing tools like
brochures, banners, etc.
With the ever growing clutter of business identities out there, it’s become quite challenging for designers to come up with something unique. Achieving distinctiveness in a logo isn’t everybody’s cup of tea as it requires distinguished design skills, ingenuity and creativity.
In this article, I’ll first outline the basic process of a designing a logo that every
designer should follow and share some highly-effective tips on crafting a
mesmerizing logo. So, here we go.
Logo Design Process
- Creative Brief: Assess the design brief specified by the client.
- Conduct Research: Perform a detailed research of the client’s niche. Understand the features of their brand and the needs it determines to fulfill. In addition to that understand the client’s competitors.
- Inspiration: Conducting a detail analysis of the competitor’s logos and the current styles or trends.
- Sketching and Drafting: A “Must” step that allows the designer materializes his thoughts onto a piece of paper, keeping in mind the creative brief.
- Mind Rejuvenation: Take a time to let your mind relax as it’ll help you replenish your creative juice.
- Logo Creation and Revision: Take the rough draft and transform it into a digital version. Also, conduct revisions to enhance the final logo’s quality
Logo Design Tips
- Create Vectors: Some designers prefer to use 3D rendering and detailed effects for the sake of unique appearance. However, such imagery details get pixilated when it is rescaled. Vector images, on the other hands, retain the quality even if the image is rescaled.
- Use and Modify Existing Typeface: Designers often try to develop their own, custom typeface. Though it is good to have a custom typeface for your logo, there’s no rule of thumb that you can’t use an existing one. Simply pick a simple typeface and make some little adjustments to give a unique touch to an existing typeface.
- Simplicity Works Best: Simplicity plays a vital role in making your logo easy to recognize as well as memorize. Keep in mind that ideal logos always reflect something inimitable or exclusive without looking over-exaggerated.
- Longevity is Necessary: It is also important to check how long your logo will be able to survive. Determine will your logo still be as memorable as effective 20 or 30 years from now? Remember that your logo should be able to leave a mark on the current audience and the generations to come like Coca-Cola logo.
- Pick Right Color Scheme: Color combination must be chosen wisely as each color reflects a unique meaning, emotions or feelings. Use a color that fits well with your brand. Also, use color schemes that will work well with your logo for a longer time.
Alexus Durwin is a logo designer. She works in a designing company that offers cheap logo design service. Being a logo designer she also loves to write articles on different topics especially on designing. You can follow her on Twitter.